Job Title: Construction Site Superintendent
Reports to: Safety and Logistics Manager
Location: Site specific
Minty’s Moving Ltd. is seeking an experienced Site Superintendent for a variety of construction projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all trades and effectively managing daily on-site activities. They must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with directing sub‐contractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract agreements, schedule and budget. This individual will work closely with the Project Supervisor and fulfill an integral role on the project through to completion.
- Review the Contract plans and specifications and liaise with the Project Supervisor and Safety and Logistics Manager on the scheduling.
- Advise on possible cost savings measures and potential construction.
- Assemble the job site office and equipment.
- Have the ability to effectively lead all employees and trade contractors on site.
- Be responsible for Site team’s scheduling and time sheets, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Contact, schedule and coordinate all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Responsible for insuring all site specific day to day paperwork is audited and in order.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality.
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of Minty’s Moving Ltd equipment on the job.
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses and comply with Finance Department policy.
- Prepare and share daily reports to communicate on the project progress from the site.
- Maintain a neat and tidy site office and meeting area.
- Has to maintain a tidy and organized site and construction trailer as well.
- Must be willing to be the job push. Has to set the pace to meet the expected time frames.
- Has the willingness and ability to work alongside the crew at ground level.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Site Superintendent on building and infrastructure projects.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Bridge Building projects in a supervisory position would be an asset.
- College or university degree in a construction related field an asset.
- Usual workdays are 10 on 4 off.
- Work weekends, long late hours.
- Any weather from 30 above to 40 below.
Negotiable based on experience.
Job Closes: 31st of August, 2016.
Only Applicants that are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Minty’s Moving Ltd has a zero tolerance drug policy.